Friday, 13 December 2013

Audio Only: Final Mix - 'Dream'

The following soundtrack is our final mix of our audio only sense of place 'Dream'. The sound represents a person's journey on a coach, but them submerges into a dream. The dream plays with the person's emotion about his love and lust for music and his out of reach ambition of becoming a famous rock star.

Alternatively, Click Here to listen to the soundtrack on Soundcloud.



The soundtrack was edited and mixed using ProTools software.

From our first mix I have thoroughly adjusted the volumes of each individual sound to create a fluent overall sound within the soundtrack.

After playing our 1st mix soundtrack on different kinds of stereo speakers the overall bass distortion tones from the guitar were too prominent which muffled and reduced the quality of the sound. To counter act this I used a compressor/limiter tool and reduced bass using the 7 band EQ tool.

This image shows the compressor and setting which I used when I edited the Guitar distortion sound. This created a threshold and keep the sound fluent sounding, increased the quality and helped to mix all the sound evenly. 


This image shows the 7-band EQ and the settings I used when editing the guitar distortion. Before the bass was reaching +12 dB I brought this down to +2 dB, this reduced the rumbling and made the sound evenly flow with the other sound, keeping the rumbling down to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment